Follow these below mentioned tips and suggestions and say no to high blood pressure, loud pitch, sore throats and emotional breakdown.
Here is how you can win the confidence of your child without resorting to yelling, shouting, frowning or bribing!
- Set your expectations right and be consistent with them – To begin with, let your child understand what is good or bad and set clear and exact expectations right at the onset. Once this is done, then make it certain that you never ever ignore bad behaviour. Staying firm on your rules is something quite important to help your child figure out that a wrongdoing is always a wrongdoing, no matter what. Thus, ignoring your child’s temper tantrums on the grounds of their being ill, is certainly uncalled for and unacceptable. So, never let your rules go weak.
- Good behaviour deserves appreciation – As important as it is to let your child understand that a bad thing will not be tolerated, it is essential to help them recognise the fact that you will always support and encourage good behaviour. When they will be appreciated for their good deeds, they will do them often. So, one of the best positive parenting techniques are to show your child that they are good, to help them stay that way.
- Never resort to bribing – Now this is something that most of the parents fail to follow. You might think that tempting your child with their favourite chocolate or candy can help you get rid of their temper tantrums for the time being, but you should understand that by doing so, you are inviting a critical problem to avoid a short one. All that the child will understand from this is – be bad and get a reward! So, avoid bribing your kid at any cost.
- Talk with your child and listen to them too – Another important thing is to ‘be there’ with your child. More often than not it has been observed that children portray bad behaviour just to gain the attention of their parents. So, instead of giving them a chance to do so, why don’t you be with them in the first place only? One of the positive parenting tips is to always maintain proper eye contact with your kid while communicating with them and be extremely gentle as well as responsive. Don’t forget that non-verbal communication can be a great tool to help your child understand your love for them. So, use it properly and shower those smiles and hugs quite often!
- Take care of yourself too – There is no denying the fact that you need to take good care of your child, but while doing so, doesn’t forget yourself. Understand that if you will be tired, or dull, you will not be able to guide your kid well and take care of them in the right manner. So, have a healthy diet and take proper rest. If the need arises, then you can even take the help of your family and friends to take care of your child in the best possible manner.
Always remember – the way you will behave with your child, will determine and affect the way they will treat themselves in the future, and perhaps, forever. So, exercise positive parenting to create a positive human being – one who is full of life, loving and genuine.
Source by Bijayani Swain