One of the most common issues parents face with their children is that the children end up being picky eaters. Many parents are clueless as to how to deal with this situation and end up getting frustrated which is usually not good for the parents as well as the child. Yes, dealing with children who are picky eaters can be extremely difficult, but it is an issue that can be overcome easily if dealt with the right methods.
Figuring out what to feed your child can be mind boggling if you don’t have a basic idea of their daily nutritional requirements. First off, it is crucial to have a diet plan for your toddler and provide them with the following nutrients in the recommended quantities.
• Breads and Cereals (Carbohydrates): 5 servings
• Vegetables and Fruits (Vitamins and Minerals): 4-5 servings
• Fish and Meat (Proteins): 2 servings
• Milk and Dairy Products (Calcium, Proteins and other minerals): 2-3 servings
A well balanced meal for a 1-2 year old child would include: 1 slice of Whole grain bread or ½ Cup of rice or pasta served with 1 Cup of chopped vegetables, 1 cooked egg or an ounce of cooked meat, poultry or seafood, 1 cup of yoghurt or 1 ½ ounces natural cheese and a cup of sliced fruit.
A few ideas to help you deal with picky eaters are discussed below.
• Involve your child in the family meal and make meal time an interesting time for them. Your children will notice you eating the various food items on the dinner table and will be encouraged to eat just like you do. As parents, you must be good role models and remember that your child will want to do things like you do. If there is food that you want your child to eat, you must ensure that your child sees you eat it first as he or she will then feel like eating it as well.
• Avoid filling up their plates completely. Children tend to get disturbed when they see their plates filled with food. To make your child’s meal time successful, serve small amounts and if your child is still hungry, he/ she will ask for more. Encourage your child to ask you for another serving as this can be good in the long run.
• There may be some food items with high nutritional value that your child refuses to eat. Just because your child refuses something once, doesn’t mean you stop serving him/her that completely. Try to incorporate that particular food item into other forms like dips, bread and curries where the taste of that item is not significant.
• Punishing children for picky eating is not the ideal solution. It simply causes resentment in the mind of the child. Instead, provide them with a healthy choice of food on their plate. An important point to remember is that snacks and other food items should not be given right before food. Water and juices also should be avoided right before and during meal times as it causes the child to feel full and also slows down digestion.
Keeping these points in mind while serving your child can help you overcome the picky eating situation. To know more, visit http://www.pickyeatersarabia.com/en/
Many often ask, "What is a twin flame?" Twin flames are described as one soul living in two separate bodies. As hard to believe as this is, it is true. At the time of creation, when all souls were created, the souls split into two separate entities so each soul could experience all of creation...
Children diagnosed with ADHD and their parents are faced with many obstacles when it comes to instilling good behaviors. Really, all parents who have children face these obstacles but consistent discipline is the key to success for children with ADHD. Maintaining a set schedule and discipline strategy can one of the most difficult parent of...
Leave a comment